Trey Gowdy shut down James Comey’s plan to take revenge on Donald Trump

Former FBI Director James Comey is out for blood.

Since Trump fired him, Comey used every tool at his disposal to help get rid of Donald Trump.

But Trey Gowdy just shut down Comey’s plan to take revenge on the President.

Gowdy appeared on Martha MacCallum’s Fox News program where he discussed Comey’s recent closed-door testimony as well as Comey’s pleas for the American people to elect Democrats and fire Trump in 2020.

The South Carolina Congressman ripped Comey for the hundreds of “I don’t recall” answers in his testimony as well as his virtue signaling and moral preening.

Gowdy stated:

“Comey is one of the best I have ever seen at always being right in his mind, and it doesn’t matter if he is a universe of one. When you write a book about ethics and morality, that in and of itself is a fairly high-opinion-of-yourself thing to do.

Comey just thinks he’s always right, and if [DOJ inspector general Michael] Horowitz thinks he’s wrong … it doesn’t matter if everyone else concludes he did wrong, he knows better. So, that’s what it’s like to interview an amnesiac with incredible hubris.”

Finally, Gowdy smacked down Comey for his outrageous calls for the American people to rise up against Trump and vote him out of office:

“I think Jim Comey was primarily motivated by a desire to protect the brand of Jim Comey. I defended him a lot in 2016, even when it was lonely to do so. I would still defend him today if I thought he was making the right decisions, but he has been so overtly partisan since he left, not just [with] the president, but he wants people to vote Democrat, he wants a Democrat House. He’s just become a political flunky. It’s the same guy, in this very room that you and I are in right now, said the FBI doesn’t give a hoot about politics.”

James Comey’s tenure as FBI Director was marred by his participation in a scheme to use fake news and hoaxes to frame Trump and his campaign for colluding with the Russians.

He has no room to lecture anyone on ethical leadership, which was a point Trey Gowdy was all too happy to make.

1. williaml says:

I seen a remark some one made about Comey. They said for a guy who could write a book to not remember as he did sure must have put much false thing’s in it. It’s a big waste of to me to call someone in and have them do as he did. Seem’s like they could make him talk.

2. Daniel says:

So Obama did what every President has done, including Trump, and you think Obama was dictatorial, why?

3. jug says:

Talks like one, but it is all BS!

What has he ever “acted on”?

Yeah, thought so, exactly NOTHING!

4. jug says:

I couldn’t have said it better!

And I have been saying it for a long time now!

After 3 or 4 “big talking points”, that led to nothing burgers, it was easy to tell it was all BS!

All talk and no cattle Gowdy!

5. MSPS says:

I am a person of extremes, much like President Trump. When I put my faith in people it is 100%, no in-betweens. That is not to say that I expect perfection but I do expect truth, ugly though it may be, faithfulness and straight shooting, no games or one-upmanship.
    So, when I first became aware of Trey Gowdy and learned what he stood for I expected him to be true to himself and by virtue of that to his office. When people badmouthed him I was quick to say “Nay.” I was even faster to praise him as I continued to reprimand those who criticized him. I sincerely believed that if anybody could save this Mueller debacle it would be Gowdy leading the way!
    Imagine my rude awakening when Mr. Gowdy’s true colors began to appear to me. ever so slowly and reluctantly I saw him through different eyes, disenchanted eyes at that. Rather than a crusading hero, I now see him as a weak man who has learned the game of saying the right thing at the right time, wearing a costume of upright, moral, staunch man for the truth, law and the people.
    Without his costume, he is very much like Comey, a fraud who is the victim of his own ego, making platitudes he thinks people want to hear until one day he slips and reveals what is under the costume. He talks the talk but has no spine
    or gumption, to put his fist where his mouth leads him. It is painful to say that I was so easily misled and that one of my heroes is in fact, a pretender.
    GoodBye Mr, Gowdy I am glad to see your back!

6. Barbara says:

You idiot. Go read the bible once in awhile. You would understand that this country had no moral compass. The cancer of lawlessness has become the normal that id of course unless you are a conservative. The liberals get away with murder( literally). While preaching their moral indignation.

7. JP says:

Gowdy is full of BS, he has been going to shut down a lot of crooks and NOTHING has been done !! Now he is selling out to the money !! Sad state of affair for AMERICA !!

8. JP says:

Gowdy is full of BS, he has been talking about doing something and NOTHING has been done and now he is selling out to some money people !!

9. Seenitbeenthere says:

Sure going to miss you Mr. Gowdy! YOU are a true Patriot!

10. Pat Havas says:

Beautiful statement! Or consider being a Jew in the 1930’s and 40’s. Or even in today’s world. Think about the executive decisions that obama did during his eight years. That was more dictatorial than presidential. He used a pen and phone to bypass Congress so they couldn’t stop his Dictatorship. And yes, lower case intentional regarding o.

11. Dr, JD says:

All babble until one comes to the ignorant and wrong statement about the “uneducated left” – – the left is far MORE EDUCATED than conservatives, and especially the Trumpers. The BEST educated in America are predominantly liberals, and among those with the highest credentials, it is rare to find any conservatives. Now while Trumpers, who tend to not have a college degree, claim we are “indoctrinated” because often they do not know what they are talking about, the accuracy is that the more science and empirical facts that you find, the more you realize that conservatives are not telling the truth. The classic example is about climate change.

12. vernon lindblade says:

It was all to distract.. Blame Trump to take the bullseye off Obama and Clintons and the rest of the evil minions.. All for power and money

13. CrookedHillary says:

You keep thinkin that, see what it gets ya.

14. Rick says:

HE WAS SO FAR UP HILLARY’S ASS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN A PROCTOLOGIST….

15. Deplorable Lanie says:

You think President Trump is a brutal dictator? I dare you to go live in a country of any of the brutal dictators you think he is like, and then go publicly protest that dictator like President Trump is protested. When you land in jail you’ll be begging your family and friends to get President Trump to come and plead on your behalf to that dictator. There is a huge difference between ripping someone on Twitter and flogging someone in a public square because the said a bad word about their leader. Try watching a little History Channel or better yet crack a book. You need to learn what a dictator really does, maybe learn about death squads and then we can talk.

16. Danny Harris says:

I second your comments!

17. Keith says:

If you think this acceptable kind of behavior and all you can come up that we beat in the midterms, we are not talking about Mid Terms dodo it’s about somebody who is held one of the highest office in the United States be able to lie cheat mislead the government and the people ruin people’s lives then maybe why don’t you guys all move somewhere where you can have your head in the sand and leave us people that believe the truth and Justice you can look through this phony BS that Comey has going on like looking through a sheet of GLASS he’s a pathological liar like everybody on the left is that’s something really to be proud of slap yourself on the back, you jerks on the left will never win if you tell the truth so you have to lie or make up stories to get it to go anywhere, there so outlandish and full of holes but yet the uneducated left believes lies plain and simple lies

18. Bender says:

I got most my information from sentencing documents last week(Trump is Individual 1 in case you were unclear) where do you get your information from sounds like some pretty good conspiracy theories you have. Do you believe world is flat? Moon landing never happened?

19. Paul says:

The judge in the Cohen case made no such finding, made no ruling, all he did was accept a plea deal. A plea deal that is politically written and alleges actions by the President. It would not be the first time that I have noticed that Judge Napolitano has been inaccurate .

20. Paul says:

You can indict a ham sandwich.
    The Fed has a 95% conviction rate.
    Any one can be charged with just about anything,
    One Russian company charged that was not even in existence at the time of the alleged crime.
    You have people being charged with process crimes, basically falling victim in a rigged game of perjury trap entrapment. It will be interesting to see what comes of the situation where the Judge has ordered Mueller to turn over all the documents related to the case against General Flynn, there’s something really rotten there when the 302’s are fated 6 or 6 months after his interview, but the 302’s are referenced much earlier, leading to the obvious questions like how many versions of the 302 are there?