The ratings are in and it was bad news for the NFL

National anthem protests sparked by Colin Kaepernick have tarnished the NFL.

Fans are turning off their TV’s in droves.

And you won’t believe how low the NFL’s latest ratings have sunk.

A handful of teams owners have scrambled to stop more anti-American protests in order to prevent another embarrassing season.

But it looks like it might be too little, too late.

The ratings are in and it was bad news for the NFL.

Deadline Hollywood reports:

Sunday Night Football’s Ratings Hit Season Low As Baltimore Ravens Rip Steelers.

In a 26-14 win on SNF, the Ravens are now 3-1 this season and the Keystone State team is near the bottom of the AFC North. The game in Pittsburgh on Sunday also saw another type of bottoming out in the ratings for the league and the NFL, as the primetime Week 4 matchup drew a 12.3/21 in metered-market results to hit a season low.

The early number is down 10% from the Detroit Lions’ easy win over the New England Patriots last week.

What’s even more surprising was this was a rivalry matchup including one of the league’s premier franchises.

It’s no secret that most of the NFL’s viewers are patriot Americans.

Just consider the types of advertisements shown at commercial breaks.

When these players declared their hatred for President Trump and our men and women in law enforcement, it angered many Americans.

Many fans are boycotting the NFL and switching to college football in response.

Do you plan on watching this season given the disrespectful protests against the American flag?

Please vote in our poll below.

1. Bama Bill says:

I’m giving up on TV as soon as my Dish contract is up. I remember when TV was only available with an antenna in Toledo, with Detroit and Toledo the only stations, ABC, NBC, and CBS. Sponsors would say up front, “We sponsor this program without commercials for your enjoyment”! Now I record programs on the DVR, and after 5 minutes there is a 3 minutes commercial! At least I can fast forward past the commercials. Thinking about writing a program to edit the programs onto my Mac without the commercials? I’m going back to an antenna where I don’t have to pay. There is not one current program I watch. Most of the ones I watch are at least 20 year old. Some are black and white from the 1950’s! Have to copy all on my DVR over to my computer. With four HDD’s in my MacPro that won’t be a problem?

2. Bama Bill says:

Because these are “UNION” players, and they do what they are “Told to DO”. You ever work for a union? I did, and if you “Go along” you can’t be fired. Don’t go along, and you are out in the street.
    Unions ran Ford and Chrysler out of building cars in the USA. Now only GM builds cars that meet the “Made in USA” standard. Yes I know, Trump just changed the rules. Unions made it impossible to make a profit with the wages at over $70/hr. for “Union” workers, and Mexico paying about $3/hr. Now you know why all Ford cars are built in Mexico? Mercedes, Toyota, Honda, and Hyundai now build cars in Alabama, a “RIght to Work” state. The car with the most “Made in USA” content is now “TOYOTA”! Made in the USA, by Americans, but not UNION workers.

3. Bama Bill says:

I worked in two unions, and both showed me how much they lie, cheat, and don’t care one bit about the companies. So since 1970, any “UNION” product I see I do NOT buy. Professional sports is ridiculous, millions a year to play ball? Back then you could buy a draft beer for a dime. Today it’s $6 for a beer or coke at a game! NUTS! All they have done is made a dollar worth a dime. A new Mustang was $3,000 loaded in 1970. Today, over $30,000 base for a V8 Mustang! So another 50 years should be up to $300,000? Wake up, learn to at least know how to do math without a calculator. Today’s 8th grade students can’t read or do math. Test scores for all 50 states were under 50%, California was under 25% passed the tests! I read over 2,500 teachers failed their basic math scores in one state! And they can’t be fired because they are “UNION”!!!
    Wake up parents!

4. john smith says:

don’t forget nike owns converse

5. N says:

Get out and vote for the GOP in November to save the country from NAZI Commie Demoncrats liberals!They want to make America into another Venezuela!Obama almost got us there! Now that America is great again because of president Trump let’s keep it that way!

6. Joe says:

The NFL can go to HELL! And take Nike with them!

7. Poppie says:

I’m told that 75% or more of the NFL players are black, that just tells us we really do have a racial problem going on here, if you get my drift.

8. Jan13 says:

There are 2 college football games I like to see, the Army/ Navy game and Navy/ Notre Dame.
    Use to enjoy a NFL game once in awhile on a Sunday, but proud to say haven’t since the first knee taken.

9. Eugene Garner says:

Not watching the NFL was like when I quit smoking , it was hard for a couple of weeks. Now it doesn’t bother me. When they get hungry they will be back on their knees begging for fans ( not me)

10. LARRY YAKLICH says:

I am a disabled USMC vet, if I am unable to get up and stand during OUR NATIONAL ANTHEM, I ask people around me to please help me up and help me keep my balance..THey have always obliged. Although it makes a lot of unpatriotic people look really stupid, and others point at me and give those who don’t respect OUR FLAG a lot of grief!

11. Vittorio Stafford says:

NFL…
    Nike F’g Loses…
    Never F’g Learn…

Got a bunch of others too!

12. Harry Meyer says:

I will never watch the NFL again send these baby’s on a job hunting spree , they have no respect for this country or our veterans. Maby they would be more happy if they were kicked out of this country and sent to Seria or Russia. I think that is where they belong. If they don’t like this country then mby they should leave. They are just trying to keep trouble fired up in this country we don’t need their input Either play ball or join the military I think you babies need a taste of what it means to honor your country.

13. E. W. says:

Ditto Hugh B.
    We have a large family and all of us have boycotted the NFL and Nike no respect no patronage shame on them all

14. Mikey says:

It is being shoved up their collective wallets, which hopefully is proving even more painful.

15. Richard Jordan says:

Formerly, an avid fan of professional football, I haven’t watched even a single play of NFL televised games in 28 years . . . not since 1990! In that year, Paul Tagliabue, then Commissioner of the NFL decreed that without passing a bill to establish a State Holiday honoring Martin Luther King, Arizona, which had been awarded an upcoming Super Bowl date, was removed from eligibility as a sponsoring city for the previously awarded 1993 game.

I decided then, without any hesitation, that it was not possible for me to any longer support the NFL. It was obvious to me that either the NFL was either a sports league or a political action/advocacy organization, but it could not be both.

Whether one supported such a holiday honoring MLK or not, the NFL had absolutely NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER in interfering with the politics of a sovereign American state. As far as I’m concerned, Paul Tagliabue, AND the NFL can stuff professional football up their collective bottom apertures, and I hope it’s extremely painful as they do it.

16. Peggie Heller says:

“Let’s Do It” = NO more NIKI + NO more NFL!

17. EUNICE says:

I’m with you Mott except for the golf. How come the players only do this protesting during games. I DON’T RECALL SEEING THEM PROTESTING ON THEIR OWN TIME. HOW IMPORTANT CAN THIS ISSUE BE-important enough to ruin your enjoyment of the game-but important enough for them to do on their off time. HMMMM

18. Jeff Tucker says:

Well stated. Our sentiments as well.
    I may be mistaken, but I think the real losers right now are not the NFL or the teams, but the networks who signed multi-year agreements prior to the kneeling thing. They still have to pay the NFL and teams what the contractual agreements were, and it does not matter if the NFL was to start crapping on the field, they are stuck in contracts. However, most all of those were 5 year deals and this is the last season they have to pay the huge dollars to the NFL. New contracts are probably being renegotiated right now and that is when the NFL and owners will get the big reality check. I bet a $300million, or whatever the number was, contract will be $150 mil, at best. Next year, the NFL will financially suck the big one.

19. Hans says:

My wife and I have not watched any NFL games for two years and have no plans to watch any in the future. We watch college football mainly navy, army and air force. Our other passion is hockey boxing and MMA. I will not be purchasing any NFL products.

20. Mott says:

LOL NFL, I WILL NOT watch another game nor buy and NFL product (Nike!) I will watch Socker or Golf !