Donald Trump told one NFL owner a secret about the anthem protests

The NFL made a big mistake taking on Donald Trump over the anti-American national anthem protests.

Owners rallied behind America-hating players as the President blasted their disrespectful displays.

Now one NFL owner let the cat out of the bag on Trump’s real thoughts on the anthem protests.

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones was deposed as part of former quarterback Colin Kaepernick’s collusion lawsuit.

Jones revealed he spoke to Trump about the protests and the President told him the issue was a winner for him.

Bleacherreport.com reports:

United States President Donald Trump called his criticism of NFL player proests during the national anthem before games a “winning” issue during a phone call with Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

On Wednesday, Andrew Beaton of the Wall Street Journal provided sworn testimony Jones made about his conversation with Trump during a deposition for the collusion case involving former San Francisco 49ersquarterback Colin Kaepernick.

“This is a very winning, strong issue for me,” Jones said he was told by Trump. “Tell everybody, you can’t win this one. This one lifts me.”

The Cowboys’ owner added the league couldn’t “piss off a large percentage of your constituency” and downplayed the overall impact of Trump’s comments about the situation, per Beaton.

There is no question Trump soundly defeated the NFL and their America-hating players during this controversy.

Patriotic Americans tuned out the games on TV and refused to show up at the stadiums on Sunday afternoons.

The NFL took a tremendous hit both financially – for having to provide make good ads as well as lost revenue from parking and concessions – and PR wise.

League executives quickly took stock of the situation and realized they needed an escape hatch.

The upshot of Trump taking on the NFL over disrespecting the American flag was that all players who are on the field must now stand for the anthem.

1. Jan says:

YES!!! They need to be hit where it hurts them, as all they care about is their big salaries. If they care about “injustice”, they can GIVE some of their salary to help other people.

2. Jan says:

I AGREE. Freedom is not free… some soldier paid a price for it.

3. Jan says:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!! I still have my POW bracelet.
    if you are not getting your VA benefits, there is a place called VetCompandPen.com that has helped some of my friends.

4. Gordon says:

Thanks for your service, Bill. Vietnam vets were treated very disrespectfully when they came home, and there was no excuse for it. They were not policy-makers, only soldiers (many conscripts) doing what they were told).

5. Gordon says:

Exactly what I was going to say. NFL fans are, in general, a patriotic group and they aren’t interested in these hippie politics. They were disgusted by the disrespect to the Anthem and the flag, and tuned out at home and stopped coming to the games. I know I didn’t watch a single NFL team last season. It was a populist victory. Trump’s approval rating may benefit from it but it was not his win.

6. Jim says:

AMRICA won, not Trump. There is just no excuse for showing disrespect for our Flag, National Anthem, of America like they did especially because it was based on the lie that Police Officers were out to kill Blacks for no other reason than they were Black.

7. Bill Buchholz says:

I only wish some of these Rich Boys could have spent a few hours in our C123’s in Vietnam while we carried the real heros back to our home field to prep their remains for their final flight home. Sometimes the view was more than some crew members could handle. However, it was always done in a respectful manner. I left Nam in 1969, but the missions are still vivid in the minds of those who were given the honor to bring the men back.

8. John Ruckman says:

These temper tantrum 4 year old players just don’t get it. We watch games to escape the stupidity of politics. They are there ONLY to entertain the fans. Playing a game is a privilege not a right. You are there ONLY IF the owner hires you. You can be fired just as easily.
    If you are missing from the field during the anthem then you are disrespectful to the team, the fans, the country, and the flag (though they should change it from that military war flag to the peace flag with vertical stripes), and you should not be allowed to play. We the fans will turn our back on you and find another form of entertainment. Without us, you cannot get paid one red cent.
    If you want to play politics leave the game and go to the right venue for it. Don’t bring that crap to a game. We don’t want to hear it and you are NOT going to ram it down our throats. We do politics elsewhere and so should you. We want a separation of politics and entertainment, and if you don’t like it, too bad, we don’t care. So it’s our way or the highway, take your choice.

9. Colin Kaepernick did me a great service. He single-handedly got me to stop watching the nfl. He single-handedly got me to stop supporting professional football. He single-handedly got me to stop spending money on anything nfl related. He can’t stand for my flag, I can’t stand him. Simple.

10. Don Gorum says:

I do believe that President Trump, and the American Fans won this one. Like a dear Senator from Louisiana, “If you don’t like America, GET YOUR HAPPY A** OUT”!

11. William L. Horvath says:

I could never understand watching these ridiculously high paid “professionals” while working really hard for a paltry salary or a just above minimum wage. While American style football is a rough sport and permanent physical injury is always a possibility, our combat veterans have faced horrible injuries and death. These people are not paid enough to endure the horrors on the battlefield, and then face even more horror back in the States dealing with permanent physical injuries and the mental trauma that goes with it.

12. The players can claim a victory, however, the NFL can not. They have already taken a substantial hit in the $$$ and I expect it to be even more so in the coming season. I pray that I am correct.

13. Beachbum13 says:

As usual, he makes the story all about himself, while twisting the players actual message (racial bias by law enforcement) into a complete falsehood (anti-flag/anthem/country) that plays well to “the base”.
    It’s really amazing on so many levels.

14. Nancy says:

You did your part for this country, and you honor it by being a Vet. Those players show NO HONOR, no respect, and very little brain power. We won’t be watching it ever again. I don’t care what they do now, it’s no interest to us anymore.

15. Nancy says:

They need to find a better format for their protests. They have plenty of money. They could do a commercial, or go on a speaking tour. People watch football for fun, not to see a bunch of athletes on their knees dishonoring our flag and National Anthem.

16. True Believer says:

The NFL has always reminded me of the Circus in Rome and the people watching. However, with that said, we did watch (my husband) until the Colin effect took place. My husbands brother however, still watches. As I have said before, people who do not take a stand, will fall for anything.

17. judith faurie says:

Football cry babies should find another job. Then they will know who really paid their salaries. US Stop watching football.

18. Paula Hamilton says:

The players still won and will continue to disrespect our flag and country. All they have to do is stay in the locker room and they still get to play and no fine. If they don’t respect our country enough to stand with hat off and hand over their hearts, they shouldn’t be allowed to play.

19. Chris Dobrowolski says:

They do not respect the country since they hate it when BLACK PEOPLE GET KILLED BY POLICE AND THE POLICE GO SCOUT FREE WHICH IS NOT RIGHT!!!

20. Chris Dobrowolski says:

kneeling was in place for the protest of Police Killing Black People for no reason and they not get punished which is NOT RIGHT!!!